Week of May 27, 2018
What’s Happening: Have you tried the Hiker’s Massage yet? In this 90-minute treatment I begin by soaking your feet in an herbal/salt solution for a few minutes to draw out the soreness and start the relaxation, followed by 20 minutes of reflexology, to cool and restore your feet and give you back all the energy blocked in them. Then I work through a full-body massage, with Body Dialogs unique oil blend designed to melt and loosen tight muscles. If needed, I will recommend extreme focus on just a few areas and ice massage might be used to decrease inflammation. To finish up, you will be comfortably moved through the normal range of motion for your hips, legs and feet, effectively resetting your body into alignment. Way to go! A 90 minute Hiker’s Massage is regularly $120/person, but this week I’m offering it at $105/person!
Fun Holidays this Week:
May 27: Sun Screen Day – As we close in on summer, today is a good day to stock up on sunscreen, or better yet, make your own. Here’s a great recipe: ¼ cup coconut oil, ¼ cup shea butter, ⅛ cup sesame or jojoba oil, 2 Tbs. beeswax granules, 1-2 Tbs. zinc oxide powder, 1 tsp. red raspberry seed oil, 20-30 drops carrot seed essential oil, essential oils of your choice (lavender, rosemary, vanilla, and/or peppermint are nice).
- Using a double boiler (or small pan over low heat) melt your coconut oil, sesame or jojoba oil, beeswax, and shea butter together. The beeswax will be the last to melt.
- When the beeswax is melted, remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Whisk the zinc oxide in at this point. If there are some lumps, that’s ok. They will break up when you whip the body butter in step 4.
- Move the mixture to the fridge for 15-30 minutes. You want it to start to set up, but still be soft enough to whip.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and using a stand mixer or hand mixer, start to whip it. Drizzle in the red raspberry seed oil, carrot seed oil, and any essential oils of your choice, and continue whipping until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Use as you would any regular sunscreen. Store in a glass container in the fridge between uses.
May 28: Memorial Day – Happy Memorial Day!
May 29: Learn About Composting Day: Have you ever considered composting? Here are some great tips on what to do. http://www.bhg.com/gardening/yard/compost/how-to-compost/
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Watermelon Basil Water
2 cups watermelon, chopped
15 leaves basil, muddled
1 gallon of water
Add about 2 cups of finely chopped fresh watermelon (without rind) to a gallon-size glass jar. Add 15 leaves of muddled basil and 1 gallon of water to fill. Store in fridge and allow at least 4 hours to infuse.
Some people view Memorial Day as the start of summer, and celebrate with beers and a BBQ. There is nothing wrong with that. However, Memorial Day is also a day to remember those who were lost serving our country. Take a moment today to appreciate the freedoms we have because of those who fought to keep us free. If you know someone who has lost a friend or loved one, let them know that you are thinking about them today. Even a quick text can mean the world to someone who is missing someone special.
Special Offers: Don’t forget to try the Hiker’s Massage…90 minutes of therapy for only $105/person this week! May 27-June 2nd. Cash, Credit/debit and local checks accepted!
I’ll be open on Monday May 28th by appointment, so give me a call: 928-421-0877
Have a safe Memorial Day and wonderful week,
Rosey Jones L.M.T.