Week of September 2, 2018
What’s Happening: Happy Labor Day Weekend. I have moved locations! I am now in West Sedona: 2155 W. Hwy 89-A Suite 110, Sedona, AZ. 86336. (Inside Red Rock Chiropractic on the first floor). New hours: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 9-5. Saturdays 10-4. Same phone number: 928-421-0877
Fun Holidays this Week:
September 2: International Bacon Day – Everything tastes better with bacon. Try some of these recipes. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-things-to-make-with-bacon
September 3: Labor Day – Happy Labor Day!
September 6: Fight Procrastination Day – Pick one task and get it done today.
September 8: International Literacy Day – A day that celebrates and promotes literacy across the globe.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Mixed Berry Water
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
Add all the fruit to a pitcher of water. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours to infuse the flavors. Refill as needed.
Preparing for your massage
- Scheduling Your Massage:
- Schedule your massage for a time where you will not feel rushed getting to or leaving the appointment. Arriving at your massage appointment relaxed will help you fully embrace the benefits of the massage. Giving yourself down time after the appointment will allow you to drink plenty of water and for your body to absorb the oils used during the treatment.
- Pick your massage style – If you aren’t sure what type of massage will help you the most, ask me. I have many different styles of treatment, addressing different areas of the body. Picking the right style will help ensure you leave your appointment with the results you are looking for. I can also mix styles in one session to create a customized massage to fit your needs.
- The Day of Your Massage:
- If you are planning a workout, complete your exercise before your appointment. Your tired muscles will get the most out of your massage. Additionally, there is some risk with working out after a massage. Strenuous post-massage activity will strain the muscles you just relaxed and there is a chance you may injuring yourself.
- Have a warm shower just prior to your massage if time allows. This will help loosen your muscles and make you feel more relaxed.
- No perfume or aftershave – Strong scents can be overwhelming. Part of your massage treatment may include essential oils and perfume or aftershave could compete with the soothing, healing effects.
- Avoid eating a large meal 2-3 hours prior to your appointment. You don’t want to arrive for your appointment feeling bloated and uncomfortably full.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing without a lot of buttons or zippers. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes too.
- After Your Massage:
- Drink lots of water. Plan ahead and bring a refillable water bottle with you. Drinking plenty of water after your massage will help flush out the toxins released during your massage. It will also help rehydrate your muscles. Also, if you don’t like plain water, try the hydration recipe above. It is best not to drink caffeine after your appointment as it can tense the muscles. If you prefer something warm, herbal tea is a great choice.
Special Offers: I have a new package available for those who get multiple massages in one month. Buy 4 hours of massage for only $200! Split it up into 60 minute, 90 minute, or 2 hour sessions. Must use all four hours within 4 weeks of purchase. No refunds.
Have a spectacular week,
Rosey Jones L.M.T.